DC Cupcake Shops Open 2nd Locations

Despite a number of critics saying that the cupcake craze is on its way out, a number of local cupcake shops are doing well enough to expand their businesses. This means more cupcakes in more locations, which can only be a good (wonderful) thing!

Red Velvet (on my Top 5 list coming soon) recently opened a 2nd location in Dupont Circle. The original is located in Penn Quarter/Gallery Place about a block from the Verizon Center.
New Location:
Dupont Circle
2029 P Street NW
202-822-2066

Georgetown Cupcake is set to open its 2nd location in Bethesda Row. Their treats were recently rated the "best cupcake" by Washingtonian Magazine, and I'm excited this location will be super close my new office. An upcoming post will reveal why this shop is popular, but doesn't make my Top 5 list.

New Location:
Bethesda Row
4834 Bethesda Ave
Bethesda, MD 20814


Finally, rumor has it that Hello Cupcake (on my Top 5 list) is looking to expand in the Clarendon area... a quick call to the shop confirmed that the rumor is true, but its still in the early exploratory stages. I hope they do!!

Doesn't anyone want to open a shop in the Woodley Park/Cleveland Park area?? You'd have at least one very loyal customer. I'd be happy to open one myself, but just need an investor!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Food  Drink & Cooking Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory