#4 Something Sweet

Our next top cupcake is definitely from the newest shop on the list. I first reviewed Something Sweet a few months ago (read full post here), and have been back a bunch of times since.

Located in NW DC near the Cathedral, Something Sweet is more than just delicious-- their cupcakes are huge, and affordable.

As you might have gathered, I tend to be drawn "hurt your teeth" sugary sweet frosting that most resembles the homemade delights my mom used to make. But Something Sweet is the shop that perhaps deviates the most from this on my top 5-- the buttercream frosting is tremendously light and creamy, making it a favorite in DC for a number of my friends. In addition to vanilla, chocolate ganache, and red velvet are other top picks.

So far the reviews on Yelp are mixed (take that at face value considering that Georgetown Cupcake repeatedly beats out superior cupcake shops in public polls), but my verdict is in--- #4 in DC.

Check out my full original review!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Food  Drink & Cooking Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory