If you're ever in St. Louis...

On a recent business trip to St. Louis, I stayed at the beautiful Chase Park Plaza hotel which is conveniently located less then one block away from one of St. Louis' only cupcake shops.


The Cupcakery
is an adorable shop in downtown St. Louis offering a variety of cupcake flavors. The menu features 7 flavors, plus 2 or 3 seasonal/rotating varieties. Each cupcake is $2.75 which is on the low end compared to DC pricing. They were also very generously sized with the perfect icing:cupcake ratio.

In addition to traditional flavors, the Cupcakery had a number of unique options like "Grasshopper" with vanilla mint buttercream frosting and "Cuppa Coffee" which features a cinnamon struesel topping.


I am sure you won't be surprised that I was drawn to their vanilla cupcake "Confetti." I appreciated the name, since Funfetti cake was a childhood favorite. The cake was the perfect texture-- moist but firm and the frosting was silky and creamy. This seemingly ordinary flavor wandered a bit from a traditional vanilla recipe using almond extract. My only comment is that it tasted a little bit too much like a sugar cookie (and I LOVE sugar cookies, just not in my cupcakes). I appreciate the creativity, but I'm not sure it was executed effectively-- maybe my batch just had a bit too much extract in it. :-)


Despite it's almond "sugar cookie" taste, my Confetti cupcake was still delicious!

The Cupcakery is definitely worth stopping for if you're ever in St. Louis. Their late hours also make it convenient to visit even if you're schedule is hectic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Food  Drink & Cooking Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory